RECIPES FOR LOW CALORIE HIGH NUTRIENT MEALS
Simple vegan bean stir fry
Ready in 40 minutes
Serves 2 people
- ½ cup cannellini beans soaked overnight
- ½ cup shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups shredded spring greens
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 small red pepper, sliced
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ¼ tso sea salt
- 1 tbsp good quality olive oil or butter
- Drain the cannellini beans and place in a pot over a low heat with water enough to cover the beans, add the salt and turmeric and simmer for 35 minutes. It is worth doing it this way and not buying tinned ones as the turmeric flavours gently goes all the way through.
- About 15 minutes before they are ready simply add all the vegetables to a large frying pan with a little water and cook for 7 minutes, add a little water as needed. Once the greens are a little softened add the cannellini beans and teriyaki sauce and cook for a further 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and drizzle over the olive oil. Serve and enjoy. At only 180 calories this is a great small meal or snack to keep you going. I love it for breakfast.
- This is a great meal to batch cook so you have high nutrient snacks at the ready, just add the olive oil before serving to ensure you get the best from it.